The CSIR has an internship opportunity for an Air-con Technician Intern who will be responsible for assisting the Service Technicians with the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems utilising knowledge of refrigeration theory; electrical schematics; pneumatic and electronic control systems; pipe fitting; welding and brazing; and mechanical layouts gained through work experience in relevant fields. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Provide professional service to customers;
- Use a variety of hand tools, following blueprints, wiring diagrams, piping schemes and engineering specifications to diagnose and repair units; Observe and obey safety rules and regulations;
- Perform preventative maintenance and show a willingness to learn about the technical and non-technical aspects of the job;
- Prepare for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties and gathering materials;
- Carry out air conditioning installations under the supervision of an artisan;
- Document work by completing accurate paperwork and maintaining files;
- Works well with other members of the team, both in the field and office;
- Other duties may be assigned relevant to the field.
Qualifications and experience:
- A National diploma in Air Conditioning or equivalent (N6);
- Air-conditioning, electrical and refrigeration experience will be an added advantage.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to [email protected] with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g.John Smith: Air-Con Technician Intern: Reference No: 306098).
Closing date: 31 January 2016
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za