Digby Wells Environmental Bursaries for 2016
Closing Date: 31 August 2015
Digby Wells Environmental invites undergraduates registering for 1st, 2nd year, 3rd year and Post Graduate studies for the 2016 academic year, to apply for entrance to our bursary programme. This programme provides tertiary education access and employment for a selected number of learners who are academically capable and want a career in managing the environment.
Our bursary programme includes financial aid, comprising of tuition fees, a laptop, and book allowance. Learners, who will be inducted into the Company, will also receive paid vacation employment with practical training and on-site exposure, on-going mentorship from our highly experience staff and full-time employment on graduation.
- Learners must demonstrate academic potential;
- Learners must be South African citizens;
- Preference may be given to historically disadvantaged learners;
- Funding may only be awarded for full time study;
- The learners must demonstrate a high level of passion towards working outdoors, and want to contribute and make a difference to the environment;
- The application process is highly competitive and potential applicants must be able to demonstrate both a high degree of motivation and the preparation and ability required to complete their studies; and
- Learners must be prepared to sign an employment contract with the company prior to the 2016 academic year commencing.
Students must be eligible and want to study towards a career in the Environmental Industry. As such the following fields study will be eligible for bursary support:
- BSc Environmental Sciences
- BSc Aquatic Health
- BSc Hydrogeology
- BSc Botany
- BSc Geography
- BSc Zoology
- BSc Hydrology
Only applicants who have obtained the following marks for Grade 12 or A Levels year will be considered:
- A minimum of 60% in Mathematics;
- A minimum of 60% in English; and
- A minimum of 60% in Physical Science
How to Apply
You can obtain an application form with instructions by:
- Sending an e-mail with the subject line to include “Please send me a bursary application form” to [email protected]ls.com
- Downloading an application form
The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 31 August 2015.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za