Dimension Data offer Internship Opportunity (Global Service Centre) for 2016/2017.
Headquartered in Johannesburg, Dimension Data was founded in 1983 at the inception of networked communications with a simple vision – to do great things. Dimension Data is a specialist IT services and solution provider that helps clients plan, build, support and manage their IT infrastructures. Today we are positioned at the forefront of networking and communications in around 50 countries on five continents around the world.
In October 2010, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), one of the largest global telecommunications service providers, acquired 100% of Dimension Data plc for GBP 2.1 billion, making Dimension Data a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NTT Group.
By continually building on our knowledge and expertise in IT infrastructure technologies, Dimension Data has become a global leader in the provision and management of specialist IT infrastructure services and solutions.
As a participant in a Dimension Data Internship Programme, you will get the opportunity to integrate your theoretical studies in a practical manner. On this programme, support and development is provided which ensures that you will learn from the best professionals in the industry.
As a successful candidate on the internship programme, you will:
- Provide remote telephonic end user support (call tracking, call taker and /or first line support)
- Attend formal and informal training and be assigned a mentor.
- Join a team that will enable you to contribute to our business and help us to deliver excellent service to our customers.
Here’s what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- You’ll need to be a South African citizen
- Completed a minimum of a relevant National Diploma, B-Tech Degree or IT Degree
- A learning orientation, with personal motivation and a positive attitude.
- A strong work ethic
- Professional communication skills (both written & spoken)
- Must have good mathematical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Must be attentive to detail
- Have clear criminal and credit records
At Dimension Data we offer you:
- Business and personal training, as well as professional IT certifications
- The support, inspiration and friendship of great colleagues
- A great opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Live our passion for technology serving our world class clients
- A place in our great global family
The Programme runs over a period of 12 months, to start 01 April 2016. We will be partnering with CTU for interns on the programme to complete an MSCE Certification. Interns are employed on a 12 month fixed term contract with the view to permanent employment into the business the following year should all performance, development, behavioral and on the job outcomes be met.
Please attach the following to your application:
- South African ID (must be South African)
- Updated CV
- Motivation letter detailing why we should consider you for the internship
- Final results transcript
- Driver’s Licence, if possible
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements of our Employment Equity Targets.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.