NSFAS: Application 2018 for Financial Aid to study at Public University & TVET College
All students who will register at Public University / TVET college for the first time in 2018 and need financial support, can now apply directly to NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme) for financial assistance.
Bursary Application open date is 1 August 2017
Bursary Application closing date is 30 November 2017
Bursary Provider: NSFAS
Bursary Location: South Africa
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has made it possible for academically deserving students who are in need of financial assistance to continue their studies. NSFAS offers a unique opportunity to access a loan, part of which can be converted to a bursary.
To all 2018 first year students
Before you start!
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents:
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
- Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
To all current university/ TVET college students already funded by NSFAS
NSFAS is in a process to receive all your information and details from the university/college where you are currently enrolled. You will be automatically migrated to the student-centred model, and will be notified by SMS/post once NSFAS has received and registered your details.
How to Apply
To apply on the NSFAS website, you will be required to register first to create your personal online account, and then proceed to fill and submit the application form online. You may need about 30 minutes to complete this online process, and must also have scanned copies of the following required attachments:
- Matric Certificate
- Identity Document/Birth Certificate
- Last Academic Results
- Proof of parents income (If parent/s employed)
- Death Certificate/s (If parent/s deceased)
- Doctor’s Certificate (If permanently disabled
For queries contact NSFAS on Share Call: 0860 067 327 | Email:[email protected]
You must not apply if:
- You have already applied and have an application reference number
- You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET college
- You already have NSFAS funding for 2017
- You are not a South African citizen
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za