MMI Holdings: Actuarial Analyst Internship 2016
MHI Holdings Limited offers Actuarial Analyst Internship 2016 at Centurion, Gauteng.
The above mentioned position is currently available in the Life Insurance Solutions, Product and Solutions, a Centre of Excellence. The position is based at the offices in Centurion.
To provide and manage technical solutions to manage product applications and to streamline business processes.
THE INCUMBENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Effective and consistent service delivery and support to all internal clients.
- Enabled customers through quality solutions delivered, collaborating with QA team on system integration/ testing and collaborating with Development team, Business Analysts, Business and other stakeholders, to ctreate test plan and sign off on system.
- Analyzing system functionality to support business requirements, business processes for enhancements and investigating current system defects.
- Supporting roll out of new technical solutions and/or of technical solution changes, taking ownership of issues (problems) and ensure that they are sorted end to end.
- Enabling business through support to 1st line support team and interim solutions for business continuity and to ensure system errors, process changes required and functional causes of incidents are identified and rectified.
- Continuously ensure system quality, stability and availability, seek opportunities to improve current system.
- Provide training to business on system functionality by signing off training materials and to collaborate with training department on new changes.
- Ensure good customer relationships hence Retail Myriad implementation seen as responsible, accountable, trustworthy, competent, honest and delivering as promised (quality in time). Ensure agreed upon client expectations for technical soloutions delivery and support are met. Interact with all stakeholders in a competent, efficient and professional manner. Develop effective relationships with all stakeholders in area of responsibility.
- Creating and maintaining solution specifications, ensure required artefacts are agreed upon upfront and delivered on time and with the required levels of detail
- Gather business requirements from stakeholders. Interrogate the requirements where necessary, document and communicate them to the developers and testers.
- Creating and maintaining system functional specifications and recommending and sign off appropriate technical solutions.
- Ensure proper planning and coordination of activities required to deliver system fixes and enhancements.
- Give regular feedback to the rest of the team & management on business priorities according to area specific business alignment process.
- Knowledge sharing and skill building of fellow Myriad team members.
- Live the MMI values namely Accountability, Diversity, Excellence, Integrity, Innovation & Teamwork.
- Risk/Opportunity identification related to expenses and revenue hence positively influencing Embedded Value Growth.
THE APPLICANT SHOULD MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS:
- BSc: Actuarial and Financial Mathematics (either studying towards or completed)
Deciding & Initiating Action
Working with People
Adhering to Principles & Values
Relating and Networking
Writing & Reporting
Creating & Innovating
Planning & Organising
Meeting Customer Expectations
Following Instructions & Procedures
Coping with Pressures & Setbacks
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking to apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
No date indicated
email@example.com (The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za