Sibanye Gold: Learnerships 2017 in Johannesburg
- Mining Engineering
- Have a Grade 12 Matric Certificate with University Acceptance (Mid-year results will be provisionally considered if currently studying).
- Have the minimum University Acceptance APS of 23
- Achieved a minimum of at least: English 5(60 %+), Mathematics 5(60 %+) and Physical Science 5(60 %+).
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Gold Occupational Health Centres
- Distinctions in Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Application will need to undergo an interview process and psychometric assessment.
- Prospective candidates will be required to complete a work place orientation and underground exposure visits as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must submit a fully completed Application Form, Proof of residence, CV and certified copies of ID and Qualifications to Sibanye Academy.
- Application Forms may be obtained from the Sibanye Academy as well as from the Intranet.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.
- Final allocation is dependent on application obtaining an acceptance letter from the University of Johannesburg.
- All applicants will be subject to clearance screening by the South African Police Services as required by the National Explosives Act.
N.B Preference will be given to Applicants from the local communities and labour sending areas who meet the institution’s registration requirements.
How to Apply
For more information and Submission of applications contact: Sibanye Academy: Fulufhelo Mashovha Phone: 011 752 1145
Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.