AECI is offering 41 Chemical Engineering Learnerships Programme to unemployed applicants to be trained in a Chemical Operations (NQF 2) qualification. The Learnership programme will run for a period of 12 months. The training will involve both Chemical Operations theory and a practical component at various AECI operations in the Gauteng area. AECI offers an inspiring environment where passionate, dynamic, and ambitious people can develop their full potential. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning.
AECI is a South African-based explosives and specialty chemicals company focused on providing products and services to a broad spectrum of customers in the mining, manufacturing and agricultural sectors. The company has regional and international businesses in Africa, South East Asia, the USA and Australia. Other markets of interest are in Latin America.
Learnership Application deadline is 14 April 2017
Learnership Provider: AECI
Learnership Location: Modderfontein, Gauteng
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science / Chemical Engineering S4.
- Must be between the ages of 18 – 25 years.
- Ability to work within a Chemical Plant environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated at Chloorkop / Zibambela (Modderfontein) for a period of approximately 2 months.
- Undertake Plant Operator experiential training with a Chemical Plant environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 2 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
Skills and Competencies
- Communication skills.
- Team Work.
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za