AEL Mining: Learnerships Programme in Gauteng
AEL Mining is looking to recruit 8 unemployed Learners to study towards a National Certificate in Freight Handling (NQF 3). This opportunity is based at the Modderfontein Industrial Complex in Gauteng. The Learnership period will be for the duration of 12 months. The training will involve both theoretical classes as well as a practical component at this Complex.
AEL is a leading developer, producer and supplier of commercial explosives, initiating systems and blasting services for mining and infrastructure markets in Africa. Significant operations in selected international markets have also been established.
Learnership Application deadline is 26 October 2016.
Learnership Provider: AEL Mining Services
Learnership Location: Gauteng
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated at Chem Park, Chloorkop one week per month for ten months.
- Undertake Freight Handling experiential training within a Logistics and Stores environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 3 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Drivers Licence.
- Age group 18 – 25 years.
- Ability to work within a Chemical environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage
- Team Work
- Attention to detail
How to apply
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.