ArcelorMittal South Africa is inviting suitable applications for Motor and Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeships for 2018 / 2019 in Nelspruit.
Apprenticeship Application deadline is 30 May 2018
Apprenticeship Provider: ArcelorMittal South Africa
Apprenticeship Location: South Africa
Engineering & Services
- Qualified Rigger (red seal)
- Valid Drivers License (code 10 will be an advantage)
Experience and Requirements:
- Must be prepared to work Shifts
- Must be prepared to work overtime as per plant requirements
- Punctual arrival on work station is crucial
- Must be able to work comfortably at heights (without being nervous/afraid)
- Must be able to work in confined areas and dusty environments.
- Should have demonstrated ability to develop a lifting plan, Hira and SWP for rigging tasks
- Competent in working with mobile cranes and hoisting machinery
- Must be able to work with and operate hydraulic jacking equipment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Safety conscious
- Ability to work in a team
- Physically fit, healthy and medically fit in order to be able to complete rigging tasks effectively and safely
- Good communication skills
- Proactive and performance driven
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
Key Performance Areas:
- Planning and organizing own work in and around shutdowns
- Perform rigging tasks to quality and safety standards
- Inspect and replace damaged steel ropes
- Manufacture and test steel slings
- Perform safety inspections and adhere to plant safety requirements
- Ensure that all lifting equipment is in good condition, certified, colour coded and correct capacity
- Align level and anchor machinery and mobile cranes (Jacks, winches etc.)
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use
- Select correct lifting gear, according to load weights and sizes
- Tilt, dip and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under and / or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques
- Operate flame cutting equipment
- Perform tandem lifts with overhead and mobile cranes
- Training and coaching of others (Guiding, directing, motivate, developing skills of subordinates.
How to apply
ArcelorMittal South Africa is a designated employer in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za