CSIR: Internships 2016 / 2017 in Pretoria
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has an Internship opportunity in the National Centre for Nano-Structured Materials. This position is based in Pretoria. The purpose of this programme is to equip students with technical experience and practical work experience by involvement in our research projects:
- Polymer Nanocomposites: chemical and polymer processing involving manufacturing of nano structures, scaling-up, and developing polymer nanocomposites for various applications,
- Clay / nano additives: chemical processing involving manufacturing of nano-structures and scaling-up for various applications,
- Materials for Device Applications: fabrication and testing / characterisation of materials
- Characterisation Facility: assisting staff, CSIR, academic and industrial clients in the characterisation of materials across a number of techniques and instruments.
Internship Application deadline is 26 August 2016
Internship Provider: CSIR
Field of Studies
- A three year qualification (N.Dip, Bsc or BTech) in chemical engineering, polymer science, polymer processing and/or polymer technology or
- Bachelor’s degree honours (Bsc hons,BEng hons) in chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, polymer procession and/or polymer technology
- Knowledge in the following will be an advantage: o Research in nano materials, clay/nano additives and/or polymer processing or synthesis o Industrial experience in chemical plant operation, compounding or polymer processing or synthesis o Expertise in hands-on running of characterization equipment, either electron microscopy (SEM, TEM), x-ray instruments (XRD), optical instruments (FTIR, PL, etc.), or polymer characterization instruments (TGA, DMA, DSC, Rheometry etc).
- Communication and presentation skills;
- Research and report writing skills;
- Problem solving, solution seeking orientation;
- Goal orientated approach
- Ability to work independently;
- Computer literate.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.