CSIR:GIS Internship Programme in Pretoria
CSIR has a GISc Internship opportunity in the Coastal Systems Competency Area within Natural Resources and the Environment Unit. The incumbent will assist in the duties of wetlands data capturing, integrating of wetlands data sets and the modelling of landforms for the classification of wetland types. The work forms part of the Freshwater Component of the National Biodiversity Assessment of 2018, in collaboration with the South African National Biodiversity Institute. This position is based in Pretoria.
Internship Application deadline is 15 July 2016.
Internship Provider: CSIR
Internship Location: Pretoria
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or Environmental Management. An honours degree would be an advantage.
- Practical working experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) would be an added advantage.
- Good organisational skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Must have an interest in and awareness of freshwater ecosystems.
- Data capturing of wetlands
- Create and manage resource databases
- Integrate wetland data sets
- Contribute to running models for wetland types
- Contribute to the development of a landforms data set layer
- Report on processes and results
- Attend and present on results where required
- Perform general administrative tasks as required by project leaders.
How to Apply :
Email your CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: In-service Training Reference No: 306940).
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.