Department of Water and Sanitation: Bursaries Programme in South Africa
The Department of Water and Sanitation is offering Bursaries Programme for the academic year 2017 in South Africa. The Department of Water and Sanitation is the custodian of South Africa’s water resources. It is primarily responsible for the formulation and implementation of policy governing this sector. While striving to ensure that all South Africans gain access to clean water and dignified sanitation, the department also promotes effective and efficient water resources management to ensure sustainable economic and social development.
Bursary Application closing date is 31 July 2016
Bursary Provider: Department of Water and Sanitation
Bursary Location: South Africa
Field of Study :
- Analytical Chemistry
- Aquatic Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Management
- Geographical Information Systems
- Water and Sanitation
- Water Care
- Water Resource Management
- Water Utilisation
Level of studies:
- First Year
- Second Year
- Third Year
- Final Year
- National Diploma
Students must take up studies in one of the following universities:
Eastern Cape: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Walter Sisulu University, Rhodes University.
Free State: University of the Free State, Central University of Technology.
Gauteng: University of Pretoria, Tshwane University of Technology, Vaal University of Technology, University of Witwatersrand, University of Johannesburg.
KwaZulu-Natal: University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, Durban University of Technology, University of Zululand.
Limpopo: University of Limpopo, University of Venda.
Western Cape: University of the Western Cape, University of Cape Town, University of Stellenbosch, Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
NB.On completion of their studies, students will be required to join the Water Learning Academy for 3-5 years as a graduate trainee.
- South African citizen,
- Currently in Matric or have passed Matric,
- Currently studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Currently studying or intend on studying at one of the aforementioned universities.
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Current Matric students: latest academic results (Grade 11 final results and/or Grade 12 first term results),
- Current tertiary students: Matric results certificate AND complete academic record to date,
- Students who have completed Matric and are registering for tertiary study: Matric results certificate AND acceptance letter or proof of application.
How to Apply :
Completed application and supporting documents must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Department of Water and Sanitation
Director: Learning Academy
Private Bag X313
2) Email: [email protected]
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.