Distell: Chemical Engineering Internships 2017 in Western Cape
Distell offers exciting opportunities to suitable candidates for potential placement in our Mashing and Distillation departments. This position will be based at the James Sedgwick Distillery in Wellington and will report to the Process Manager.
Internship Application deadline is 30 September 2016
Internship Provider: Distell Group Limited
Internship Location: Wellington, Western Cape
Purpose of the Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and require exposure in a work environment or have a prerequisite to have practical work experience before qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 01 February 2017 and terminating on 31 January 2018.
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
- Plant Maintenance
- Plant Operation
- Lab analysis
- Effluent treatment
- Utilities and Facilities
- General administrative assistance
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent academic record and in final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – Chemical Engineering diploma
- Candidates in need of In Service or practical workplace experience.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sound communication and presentation skills;
- Effective time management;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team
- Driver’s License would be beneficial
- South African citizen;
- Reliable means of transport
- Willingness to work overtime during week/weekends
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter,
- A curriculum vitae,
- Certified academic record,
- Certified copy of Grade 12,
- A letter from the tertiary institution,
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution ,
- Certified copies of Identity Document,
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply on-line.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za