Eden District Municipality:Finance Internships in Eastern Cape
Eden District Municipality, with its head office in George, invites applications for a 2 year Financial Management Internships position within the Financial Services Department in Western Cape. The successful candidate will receive a monthly stipends of R10 000 per month (all inclusive) during their placement. Candidates from the district municipal region (preferable from previous disadvantaged communities), who have already obtained an appropriate three-year tertiary qualification in a financial field, are invited to gain practical experience in Local Government financial management.
This reform project is an initiative of National Treasury and is aimed at capacitating and training young graduates, up to the age of 25, for a career in Local Government Finance. The successful applicants will primarily be trained in the key areas of the Finance Department to ensure that they develop the necessary skills.
Internships Application deadline is 18 November 2016
Internships Provider: Eden District
Internships Location: Eastern Cape
Field of Studies:
- Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma/ Bcom in Financial Management or any related field
- Management Accounting, Local Government Finance or Financial Accounting as a final year major.
- To qualify for appointment, candidates must be in possession of a relevant tertiary qualification in a financial field, for example Management Accounting, Local Government Finance or Financial Accounting as a final year major.
- Reasonable written and verbal communication skills, as well as computer literacy, are further requirements.
- Although not a prerequisite, any practical experience will be beneficial.
How to apply
Application forms and further information: Please send a completed application form, accompanied by original certified copy of your Identity Document, drivers licence and relevant qualification to: Eden District Municipality, Registration Section, P.O. Box 12 or 54 York Street, George, 6530. The application forms are available at the offices of Eden District Municipality or click here to download
For any enquiries, contact Human Resources on 044 803 1327/1389
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should candidates not be contacted within two months after the closing date, they may accept their application as unsuccessful.
Please note: No late applications will be accepted. Candidates must be prepared to undergo an evaluation test. Canvassing will result in disqualification. Council reserves the right to make an appointment.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za