Reference Number: SDS/BURSARS/APRIL16
South Deep Gold Mine is offering an opportunity to self-motivated employees, contractors and community members to study full time at a recognized South African University or University of Technology.
Bursary Application deadline is 20 June 2016
Bursary Provider: Goldfields Mine
Bursary Location: South Africa
Field of study:
- Mining Engineering
- Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical)
- Mineral Survey
- Rock Engineering
- Finance Management
- Environmental Management
- Human Resources Management
- Sustainable Development
- Safety Management
- Be in possession of a grade 12 certificate with university exemption/entrance.
- Currently a student at a Tertiary Institution and studying towards qualification relevant to Gold Fields specified fields.
- Successful candidates for this scheme must meet acceptance criteria and provided written proof of acceptance from the institution for the chosen qualification of study at a University or University of Technology
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre.
How to Apply:
Applicants are encouraged to email their detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter clearly stating which learner opportunity they are applying for:
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone: 011 411 1798
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo psychometric evaluation as part of the selection process. Successful applicants will be required to sign a training contract for the duration of the training programme. The training contract is not a contract of employment. Preference will be given to learners residing in the South Deep Host Communities and Labour Sending Areas as well as female applicants.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.