KZN Department of Public Works: Bursaries 2017 in Pietermaritzburg
Kwa-Zulu Natal Department of Public Works is offering bursaries for the academic year 2017.
Bursary Application deadline is 30 October 2016
Bursary Provider: KZN Department of Public Works
Bursary Location: Pietermaritzburg, Kwa-Zulu Natal
Fields of study:
- Bachelor Degree in Architectural Studies
- Masters Degree in Architectural Studies
- BSc Quantity Surveying (Honours)
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Civil Engineering
- BSc Construction Management (Honours)
Contact Person: Ms JT Xaba : (033) 260 4174/4157/5180/4131)
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Public Works
P/B X9041, Pietermaritzburg 3200
- Youth in possession of a matric / grade 12 certificate between the ages of 18-35 years, and who are from the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Students in possession of a provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and wiling to study in fields as indicated in this advert.
- Students who are currently studying in the areas indicated in this advert.
How to Apply
To apply, kindly forward the following documents:
- Download Application Form (this is also obtainable and returnable at the Operation Sukuma Sakhe war rooms, Department of Education District Offices and Student Funding Office at Institutions of higher learning. Website of Provincial Departments. Provincial Government Facebook).
- Certified Copies of Identity document (ID) including your parents’ ID and /or your guardians’ ID.
- Certified copy of Matric certificate or current statement of results if already studying.
- Proof of income of either parents or guardians (payslip, pension receipt or bank statement).
- Proof of registration! acceptance letter from institution of higher learning.
- Proof of unemployment from Department of Labour for both parents ¡f they are unemployed.
It is recommended that those who have profiling certificates submit a certified copy.
- It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years’ equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study only at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals, stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary.
- Obligation: A bursary may be required to serve the relevant Provincial Department for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract unless stated otherwise. It must be stressed that funds are limited and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Preference will be given to students who will pursue studies at institutions within the KZN Province.
- Youth with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za