News24: Editorial Internship Programme in Durban
News24 is offering editorial internship for the academic year 2016 / 2017 in Durban. The intern will assist the News24 isiZulu Editorial team in maintaining and updating the site and its various social media channels.
This position will also entitle the intern to gain work experience to learn and hone skills in the editorial environment and to provide the team with support.
Internship Application deadline is 07 July 2016
Internship Provider: News24
Internship Location: Durban
- Qualification in Languages / Journalism
- IsiZulu-speaking journalist
Competencies and Skills :
- Computer literacy Competency with image software
- Social media awareness
- Good language and grammar skills
- Fluent in isiZulu (written and spoken)
- Translating from English to Zulu advantageous.
- Willing to learn to fast to keep pace with news in online environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the desired editorial standard by ensuring that News24isiZulu is first with breaking news items
- Translate and aggregate stories from English to isiZulu
- Upload content
- Resize images
- Learn practical application of language skills
- Load editorial daily from newsfeed under direction
- Write content as directed
- Contribute ideas as part of editorial team
How to Apply :
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.