- Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Mining.
- Earth Sciences: Geology
How to apply
The application process for 2016 bursaries closes on 30 September 2015.
The applicant must meet the minimum requirements as set out by Petra Diamonds below.
An application form may be downloaded from Career Wise.
Careerwise will receive, scan and shortlist all applications. The final selection is made by Petra Diamonds.
- Applicant must be a citizen of South Africa
- Applicants must have a keen interest in the mining industry and a drive to establish a career within this industry
- Current matriculants should obtain university exemptions with a minimum of 6 or 7 for maths (not maths literacy) and science
- Current university students should demonstrate high academic achievement within their field of study
- Applicants should be prepared to relocate to rural areas where the mining operations are located if required
- Full tuition fees
- Full residence and meals (or equivalent allowance)
- Annual cash and travel allowance
- Life skills training
- Compulsory practical vacation employment during December and January
- The bursary is renewable annually
The bursary carries a contractual obligation, for which the bursar is required to work for Petra Diamonds for a period equal to the study period of the bursary. Bursars who fail to graduate or do not take up employment for any reason are required to repay costs incurred.
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)