The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) invites qualifying students to apply for Thuthuka Bursary Fund for 2020 academic year. The Thuthuka Bursary Fund is looking for academically strong learners who aspire to become Chartered Accountants.
Bursary online application deadline is 28 June 2019
Bursary Provider: South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
Bursary Location: South Africa
The Thuthuka Bursary Fund is looking for academically strong learners who aspire to become Chartered Accountants. Students who do exceptionally well in Mathematics and have excellent marks in the other subject to qualify for university entrance may apply.
How to get a bursary
The purpose of the project is to annually place between 250 – 300 fully bursared Black African and Coloured students at selected SAICA-accredited universities in cohorts of 50 per university on special undergraduate BCom Accounting education programmes. The accredited universities that are part of the programme are:
The Following Universities are the only universities working with Thuthuka:
- Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
B Com Accounting (Course Code 40003)
- University of Johannesburg (UJ)
Bachelor of Accounting (Course Code BCA012)
- University of CapeTown (UCT) B Com (Course Code CB023)
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS) B Acc Science (Course Code CB008)
- University of Fort Hare (UFH) B commerce in Accounting (Course Code 60001)
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN – Westville Campus) BCom Accounting (Course Code BCOA)
- University of the Free State (UFS – Bloemfontein Campus) Bachelor of Accounting (Course/Study Code 6319)
- University of Pretoria (UP) B Com Accounting Sciences (Course Code 07130042)
- Stellenbosch University (SU) B Com Accounting/B Rek (Course Code 3091001)
- North West University (NWU – Potch Campus) B Com CA (Course Code 500 155 E371P)
- Rhodes University (RU) Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
Do you qualify?
If you answered YES to all of the following questions, you qualify:
- Do you have 60% in Mathematics in your Grade 11 Final Results (Level 5)?
- Do you have enough points to qualify for university entrance?
- Do you come from a family that cannot support you financially at tertiary?
- Are you an African or Coloured learner?
How to apply
RETURN COMPLETED FORM TO:
Thuthuka Bursary Fund, Private Bag X32, NORTHLANDS, 2116 OR Email: [email protected]
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za