The South African Police Service invites applications from all races and gender for Enlistment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP) from young, energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit individuals, dedicated to serving their country by pursuing a career in policing.
Trainneship Application Closing Date: 15 June 2018
Traineeship Location: Various Locations around Eastern Cape
Traineeship Provider: South African Police Service (SAPS)
Basic enlistment requirements: Young South African men and women who apply to be appointed as a member in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) must:
- Apply on the application form determined by the National Commissioner and affirm under oath or by way of a solemn declaration that the information furnished in the application form is true and correct;
- Be a South African citizen of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Be at least eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age of which documentary proof must be furnished (APPLICANTS MUST BE UNDER THE AGE OF 30 YEARS BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT);
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 school certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) Safety in Society of which documentary proof must be furnished (2017 matriculants are welcome to apply and before enlistment proof of successful completion of Grade 12 (Senior Certificate) must be submitted. As an interim arrangement kindly submit proof of Statement of Symbols, reflecting a pass rate for Senior Certificate); An aggregate of “4” and above in English may serve as an advantage;
- Must be in possession of a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence. Only 10% of the total allocation of trainees will be allowed without a driver’s licence;
- Submit himself or herself to a physical medical examination as determined by the National Commissioner and must be found to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the post for which he or she applies;
- Undergo a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
- Be proficient in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be prepared to take the oath of office;
- Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner;
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible when wearing the SAPS summer uniform;
- Have no previous criminal convictions and/or pending criminal, civil, disciplinary cases and such person shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and allow background enquiries to be made;
- Not have been declared unfit to possess a firearm;
- Be prepared to serve anywhere in the Republic;
- Must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of less than 30; and
- Male applicants must have a Waist circumference £ 102cm and Female applicants must have a maximum waist circumference of 88cm.
All applicants will be subjected to a fitness, psychometric and integrity testing as well as medical evaluation and will be interviewed during the recruitment, selection and enlistment process. The SAPS will also verify the criminal record, qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship and residential address of each applicant. Applicants in possession of valid driver’s license for at least a light motor vehicle will receive preference. Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification. Applicants who previously served in a Government Department and who were dismissed as a result of misconduct are excluded. In view of the physical demands of the Basic Police Development Learning Programme, applicants with chronic diseases, physical impairments or any other health condition that may lead to interruption of the training programme, will be excluded from participation in the programme. Such applicants’ failure to disclose the conditions will result in their withdrawal from the programme on the determination thereof.
The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DMA profile. The forensic DMA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DMA Database.
Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP)
Successful applicants will participate in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 21 (twenty one) months. Remuneration for Induction Phase and Basic Training Phase will be a stipend of R4500-00. The PROGRAMME shall consist of three phases:
- Induction Phase
- One (1) month at a designated police station;
- Basic Training Phase
- Eight (8) months Basic Training at a designated SAPS Academy (with practical training at a designated police station);
- Probation Phase
- After successful completion of the Induction and the Basic training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation for a period of 12 months.
During the Basic Training Phase of the PROGRAMME the Service shall provide free training gear, meals and accommodation to the police trainee. Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 21 month Basic Training Learning Programme. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Learning Programme, trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS.
Remuneration during the Probation Phase (on completion of the training period) will be on the first notch of Band A (currently R164 109 per annum). In addition to this, appointees will receive the applicable service benefits.
Core Functions: Successful candidates will serve as functional police officials. As such, they will be deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions: • Prevent, combat and investigate crime, • Maintain public order, • Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property, • Uphold and enforce the law
How to Apply
- Application forms are obtainable at all local police stations. The application form must be completed in your own handwriting and must be handed in at your nearest police station.
- Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms and employment are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in this regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti Corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701.
- Specify the post which you are applying for.
- Make sure you have signed your application form.
- Attach certified copies of your: • ID Document, • Driver’s license, • Matric/Senior Certificate (Grade 12 certificate • Additional qualifications, • Proof of residence.
- You are advised to apply for posts within your province, close to your place of
- Visit your nearest police stations in order to obtain application forms.
- Application forms must be hand delivered to
- (a) Your nearest Police Station (HRM office)
VACANCIES: EASTERN CAPE
|PHO||OCC||EC 3/05/18||EAST LONDON|
|PHO||ORS||EC 4/05/18||EAST LONDON|
|ALICE||CHUNGWA||EC 5/05/18||EAST LONDON|
|ALICE||FORT BEAUFORT||EC 6/05/18||EAST LONDON|
|ALICE||HEALDTOWN||EC 7/05/18||EAST LONDON|
|ALICE||KEISKAMMAHOEK||EC 8/05/18||EAST LONDON|
|ALICE||MIDDLEDRIFT||EC 9/05/18||EAST LONDON|
|ALIWAL NORTH||BURGERSDORP||EC 10/05/18||ELLIOT|
|ALIWAL NORTH||STEYNSBURG||EC 11/05/18||ELLIOT|
|ALIWAL NORTH||VENTERSTAD||EC 12/05/18||ELLIOT|
|BUTTERWORTH||KEI BRIDGE||EC 15/05/18||ELLIOT|
|HUMANSDORP||JOUBERTINA||EC 53/05/18||MOUNT ROAD|
|HUMANSDORP||KAREEDOUW||EC 54/05/18||MOUNT ROAD|
|HUMANSDORP||PATENSIE||EC 55/05/18||MOUNT ROAD|
|HUMANSDORP||ST FRANCIS BAY||EC 56/05/18||MQANDULI|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||DIMBAZA||EC 58/05/18||MTHATHA|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||KEI ROAD||EC 59/05/18||MTHATHA|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||KHUBUSIEDRIFT||EC 60/05/18||MTHATHA|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||EC 61/05/18||MTHATHA|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||NDEVANA||EC 62/05/18||MTHATHA|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||PUNZANA||EC 63/05/18||MTHATHA|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||STEVE VUKILE TSHWETE||EC 64/05/18||MTHATHA|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||STUTTERHEIM||EC 65/05/18||MTHATHA|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||TAMARA||EC 66/05/18||PORT ALFRED|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||ZELE||EC 67/05/18||PORT ALFRED|
|KING WILLIAM’S TOWN||ZWELITSHA||EC 68/05/18||PORT ALFRED|
|MDANTSANE||BERLIN||EC 69/05/18||PORT ALFRED|
|MDANTSANE||BLUEWATER||EC 70/05/18||PORT ALFRED|
|MDANTSANE||CAMBRIDGE||EC 71/05/18||PORT ALFRED|
|MDANTSANE||INYIBIBA||EC 72/05/18||PORT ALFRED|
|MDANTSANE||KEI MOUTH||EC 73/05/18||PORT ST JOHNS|
|MDANTSANE||MDANTSANE||EC 74/05/18||PORT ST JOHNS|
|MDANTSANE||VULINDLELA||EC 75/05/18||PORT ST JOHNS|
|MOTHERWELL||IKAMVELIHLE||EC 76/05/18||PORT ST JOHNS|
|MOTHERWELL||KWADWESI||EC 78/05/18||QUEENSTOW N|
|MOTHERWELL||NEW BRIGHTON||EC 81/05/18||QUEENSTOWN|
|MOUNT AYLIF||MBIZANA||EC 84/05/18||QUEENSTOWN|
|MOUNT AYLIF||MOUNT AYLIFF||EC 85/05/18||QUEENSTOWN|
|MOUNT AYLIF||MOUNT FRERE||EC 86/05/18||QUEENSTOWN|
|MOUNT AYLIF||MPISI||EC 87/05/18||QUEENSTOWN|
|MOUNT AYLIF||NTABANKULU||EC 88/05/18||QUEENSTOWN|
|MOUNT FLETCHER||AVONDALE||EC 89/05/18||UITENHAGE|
|MOUNT FLETCHER||MALUTI||EC 90/05/18||UITENHAGE|
|MOUNT FLETCHER||MATATIELE||EC 91/05/18||UITENHAGE|
|MOUNT FLETCHER||MBIZENI||EC 92/05/18||UITENHAGE|
|MOUNT FLETCHER||ZAMUXOLO||EC 93/05/18||UITENHAGE|
|MOUNT ROAD||ALGOAPARK||EC 94/05/18||UITENHAGE|
|MOUNT ROAD||BETHELSDORP||EC 95/05/18||UITENHAGE|
|MOUNT ROAD||GELVANDALE||EC 96/05/18||UITENHAGE|
|MOUNT ROAD||HUMEWOOD||EC 97/05/18|
DISTRICT PHYSICAL ADDRESS
|Alice – RecruitmentFor Ref. Ref EC
5/5/18 to EC 9/5/18 1 Bell Street Alice PO Bukani / PO Mawisa
040 653 1138 /
|Cofimvaba – Recruitment ForRef:
Ref EC 20/5/18 to
Cofimvaba PPO. N Tshantsha
047 874 0009
|Aliwal North – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 10/5/18 to
21 Grey Street (Old
Room 103 / 108
Ground Floor W/O Zililo 051 633 1443
|Cradock – Recruitment ForRef.
Ref EC 23/5/18 to
Corner of regent &
Sikulu Str PPO Parkies 048 881 7079
|Elliot – Recruitment For RefRef EC 36/5/18 to
EC 42/5/18 17 Barry Road Elliot PPO Sidzamba & PO Matshiqi 045 931 6026
|Graaff-Reinet – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 43/5/18 to
4 Middle Street
|Graaff-Reinet PO N Johnson 049 807 1112Humansdorp – Recruitment
Ref EC 50/5/18 to
2 Rheebok Street
Panorama PPO Gova 042 200 7101
|Motherwell – Recruitment ForRef.
Ref EC 76/5/18 to
Station 1St Floor –
Room 145 Tyinira
Motherwell NU 10 Capt Engelbrecht PPO Bosman
041 407 6462 /
|King William’s Town –Recruitment For Ref.
Ref EC 58/5/18 to
King William’s Town
SAPS 28 Amatola
Row King William’s
Town Capt Zoya 043 604 0122
|Mount Road – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 94/5/18 to
Mount Road SAPS
1-9 Lennox Street
Mount Croix Port
Elizabeth Lt Col Pohleli 041 394 6629
|Mount Ayliff – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 84/5/18 to
Mount Ayliff SAPS
Sport Street / Erf 09
Mount Ayliff Capt Diniso / PO Gaju 039 254 0319
|Port St Johns – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 118/5/18 to
Port St Johns SAPS
Berea Road Port St
Johns Capt Ndlazulwana
047 564 6230 /
|Mthatha – Recruitment ForRef.
Ref EC 101/5/18 to
PRD II Building 10th
Floor, Room 1053
Mthatha PO Morrison 047 505 5272 / 9
|Provincial Office –Recruitment For Ref.
Ref EC 01/5/18 to
William’s Town PPO Joka / PPO DuRANDT
040 608 7245 /
|Queenstown – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 122/5/18 to
Old SANDF Base
Building 55, Room
8Queenstown Sgt Tshemese / PO Nyathi
045 808 1052 /
|Butterworth – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 13/5/18 to
44 Bell Street
Butterworth PO Ngcebshe 047 401 1148 / 75
|Mdantsane – Recruitment ForRef.
Ref EC 69/5/18 to
2ND Floor 1
NU1, Mdantsane Capt Kemp 043 708 7000
Mount Fletcher – Recruitment
Ref EC 89/5/18 to
Fletcher W/O Lesirela 039 257 0020
|Uitenhage – Recruitment ForRef.
Ref EC 134/5/18 to
Broad Way Building
Uitenhage SAPS PO E Tshikila 041 996 3015
|East London – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 29/5/18 to
36 Phillip Frame
Ground flour 06
Recruitment W/O Hen 043 7113743
|Grahamstown – RecruitmentFor Ref.
Ref EC 48/5/18 to
Police Station 16
Grahamstown PO Lungile 046 603 9109
|Port Alfred – Recruitment ForRef.
Ref EC 111/5/18 to
3 Pascoe Crescent
HRM – Room 28
Port Alfred AC Z Joni
046 604 2024 /
Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity through the filling of these posts. The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill the advertised posts. If you have not received feedback from the South African Police Service within 3 months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za