SASSA: IT & Social Science, Public Administration Internship 2017 / 2018
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is inviting unemployed graduates throughout the to apply for our internship programme 2017/ 2018.
The following positions are available at the Eastern Cape Regional Office in Eastern Cape:
- ICT (Qualification: Information Technology) x 2 (Ref. No. SAS In/70)
- Grands Administration (Qualification: Social Science/Public Administration) x 4 (Ref. SAS In/71)
Internship Application deadline is 21 October 2016
Internship Provider: SASSA Eastern Cape
Internship Location: Eastern Cape Regional Office in Eastern Cape
All applicants must be:
- Between the ages of 18-35 years and be a South African citizen;
- Students who need Experiential Training; studied at a recognised institution or higher learning in the Republic of South Africa.
Successful candidates will be appointed on a 12-month internship contract.
An all inclusive monthly stipend of R4 200 will be paid for a National Diploma and R5 200 for a Bachelors Degree.
- Appointment will be subject to compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of qualification, references, ITC, criminal checks and compulsory competency assessment (where necessary).
- It is our intention to promote representivity in terms of race, gender, disability and youth through the filling of these posts and candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will receive preference.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) prior to the selection process.
- SASSA is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- Please note: All SASSA staff are subject to compulsory Security Vetting on appointment.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
How to Apply
Persons interested in applying for the following Internships programme should send their application forms with motivation for placement, CV, recently certified copies of qualifications, academic transcript and ID including a signed Z83) quoting the reference number to:
Attention: Ms. S. Mdoda *(043 707 6584/6455)
Private Bag 9001
Cprner Merino and Fitzpatrick Road
Failure to comply with the above will automatically disqualify candidates. Visit at www.sassa.gov.za or toll free: 0800 60 1011
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.