Sekhukhune District Municipality: Bursaries 2017 in Limpopo
The Council of Sekhukhune District Municipality invites Matriculants / undergraduates to apply for our External Bursary Scheme for 2017 academic year.
Bursary Application deadline is Friday, 09 December 2016 at 16:30
Bursary Provider: Sekhukhune District Municipality
Bursary Location: Sekhukhune, Limpopo
Bursaries are in the study fields mentioned below:
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Electrical Engineering (Heavy/Light Current)
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Chemical Engineering
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Civil Engineering
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Information Technology
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Qauntity Surveying
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Geological Sceinces
- National Diploma in Water Care
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Water Engineering
- National Diploma / B-Com in Financial Management, Economics or Accounting
To be eligible for selection, the following conditions shall apply:
- The applicant should be a documented resident of Sekhukhune District Municipality
- Preference will be given to applicants who are younger than 25 years of age (Older applicants would still be considered on merit)
- The applicant should not hold a bursary from any other institution
- The applicant should have achieved outstanding performance (average of 70% + for matriculants in Mathematics, Physical Science, Technology, Accounting and Economics).
- Students who are already enrolled for a study programme at post-school education and training institution must have achieved a 70% + average in their current year of study.
In making the final decision , preference will be given to:
- Previously disadvantaged individual
- Female applicants and persons with disabilities
Applicants are required to attach recently certified copies of the following documents:
- Identity Document
- Proof of residence (endorsed by the Municipality or Traditional Authority)
- Parent/s or Guardian/s’ Proof of income or affidavit if there’s no income
- Recent statement of results
- Acceptance letter from the post-school education and training institution
How to apply
Completed application forms should be addressed and posted to:
The Municipal Manager, Sekhukhune District Municipality,
Private Bag X8611
hand delivered to:
Bareki Mall Offices Street (Pick n Pay Centre), Groblersdal.
Application forms are obtainable from at: www.sekhukhunedistrict.gov.za
Enquiries should be directed to: Mr G. Sanoka, at tel: (013) 262 7300 / 7438 / OR Mr. M. Mathebe, at tel (013) 262 7300 /7733
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.