The Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is offering bursaries programme for 2018 / 2019 in South Africa.
Bursary Application closing date is 30 July 2018 at 16:30
Bursary Provider: Transport Education Training Authority (TETA)
Bursary Location: South Africa
As a part of its skills development initiatives Transport Education Training Authority awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the transport sector. Bursary awards are categorised according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Strategy III, compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
TETA invites all talented and high performing unemployed full time learners / planning to register within TVETs, HET, Accredited Aviation Schools, Accredited Diving Schools as well as learners who completed matric and plan to commence studies in 2019 to submit applications for bursary funding for the below listed Programmes . This bursary funding is aimed at addressing the scarce and critical skills within the transport industry.
- Funding will only be applicable to applicants applying for studies related to the list provided and that should lead to a full academic qualification
- Applicants must be South African citizens and below the age of 35 years
- Applicants are to complete in full, Direct Learner Bursary Application Form available on the TETA website.
- Only successful candidates will be communicated to, if you do not hear from TETA by the end of January 2017 please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Applicants to clearly state on the application form course of Study , duration of study and cost per year if applying for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study.
- Application to be accompanied by documents as per the checklist attached to the application form.
TETA Bursary will only fund the following List of Qualifications for 2018 / 2019 Unemployed Bursaries:
- (N3-N6) or ND or B degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- (N1-N6) or National Diploma or B degree in Mechanical Engineering
- B Degree in Aeronautical Engineering
- Commercial Pilot License
- ATPL Subjects
- Instructor’s Rating
- Night Rating
- Instrument Rating
- National Diploma, B-Tech or B Degree in Logistics Management
- National Diploma, B-Tech or B Degree in Supply Chain Management
- National Diploma, B-Tech or B Degree in Transport Economics
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Maritime)
- Degree: Maritime Law
- National Diploma, B-Tech or B Degree in Road Transport Management
- National Diploma, B-Tech or B Degree in Road Transportation Management
- Commercial Divers, Class II, III and IV
- National Diploma, B-Tech or B Degree: Maritime or Nautical Studies
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation accredited by an academic institution, books and meals as per TETA Direct Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model. The bursary award targets previously disadvantaged and impoverished youth (35 years old younger) from rural and urban communities within South Africa, females and people with disabilities.
|PROGRAMME||TARGETS APPLICANTS||TARGETS BENEFICIARIES|
||250 Unemployed Learners|
How to Apply
Applications forms as well as list of qualifications to be founded, guidelines and terms for the bursaries and other relevant documents are available on our website: www.teta.org.za, under TETA 2018/19 Direct Bursary Learner Support.
Fully and correctly completed application forms may be submitted in the following ways:
Via Post: Private Bag X10016 ,Randburg 2125
Hand delivery: To TETA Head Office: No. 344, Pretoria Avenue, Randburg (Attention: Confence Ngobeni or Sineliswe Sebeko – SD & LP Unit)
Hand deliveries can also be done to TETA offices listed below
Kwazulu Natal Office: MB House, 635-641, Peter Mokaba Road, Overport, Durban 4001, 031 301 9614 (Att: Mike Mzolo)
Western Cape Office: Newlands on Main, Mariendalh House, 13 Main Road, Newlands, Cape Town, 7700. Tel: 021 829 6391 / 7825 (Att: Zaida Sampson)
Limpopo Office: Capricorn College for FET, Senwabarwana Campus, Senwabarwana Main Road, Bochum (Att: Thandazile Mabuya)
Enquiries, Please Contact: (011) 577 7033 /7018
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za