Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality invites applicants to apply for internships programme for 2018 / 2019 in Kwazulu Natal. The duration of this internship is 24 months. This post requires dedicated and highly motivated people who have obtained a three year tertiary qualification to participate in an internship programme that seeks to capacitate recent graduates for a career in Local Government finance. This internship is the initiative of the National Treasury, with the objective to help build sufficient strategic management capacity at Local Government level.
Internship Application Closing Date: 04 May 2018
Internship Provider: Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality
Internship Location: Kwazulu-Natal
Field of Studies:
|1. BUDGET AND TREASURY OFFICE Municipal Finance Management Intern (Two Year Contract)
Salary Scale: R96 000.00 Per Annum (All Inclusive)
|2. TOWN PLANNER TRAINEE18 Months Fixed Term Contract Stipend: R3 000.00 Per Month
Key Performance Area (Financial Management)
- Performance basic accounting functions .
- Interpret finance legislation and policies .
- Process invoice payment s from the capture and verification of the source documents .
- Manage the interface between the department al payroll and accounting system .
- Undertake b udget controls on expenditure and rev enue.
- Oversee expenditure management and reconcile grant s .
- Be trained in all sections of the Budget and Treasury Office.
Key Performance Area (Town Planner)
- Provide assistance in terms of all submitted statutory planning permit applications.
- Compile documentation (under instructions and direction of the Planner and Junior Town Planner) to assist in the preparation of planning reports and other planning unit work.
- Maintain an adequate filing system for the planning and building inspectorate units.
- Provide clerical, scheduling and administration support to senior officials of the unit as required in consultation with the Supervisor.
- Provide administration assistance in the delivery of Council sustainable projects as required.
- Ensure delivery of the functions and tasks within the municipality as required.
- Exercise confidentiality in all processes and communication associated with the job.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
No municipal benefits will apply (pension, medical aid, etc.) and applicants are required to make their own arrangements in this respect .
How to Apply
A signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and Identity Document, must be forwarded to:
The Municipal Manager, P. O. Box 132, Ixopo 3276 by not later than 16h30 on the closing date.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be direct ed to the HR Officer, Ms B Nondabula at (039) 834 – 7700.
Council reserves the right not to make any appointment into the above mentioned position
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za