Location : South Africa-KwaZulu-Natal-Durban-Unilever La Lucia Ridge Office
No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine. Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. We have a vision of sustaible growth that aims to double the size of our business, whilst halving our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact. Our Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
If you would like to learn more about Unilever – the no.1 Top Employer in South Africa – and our Bright Future ambitions, take a look at this video for more info:
Position: In – service Trainee
Location: La Lucia Ridge
Core role of In-service Trainees:
• Assisting technologists with innovation / renovation / cost saving opportunities
• Inventory management (ordering of raw materials from factories)
• Sample preparation (formulation development)
• Facilitation of assessment of products (sensory evaluation)
• Sample preparation for consumer research
• Sample preparation for shelf life testing
• Provide technical support for production trials
• Report writing on all tasks delegated
• Analysis of products and raw materials
• Conduct shelf life assessments
• Completing Final Year Degree in – Food Technology / Biotechnology/ Analytical Chemistry ( No outstanding Subjects).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• No dietary restrictions possible due to the nature of this position which requires tasting of all food products
• Driver license (nice to have, not mandatory)
• Candidates with respiratory conditions cannot be considered, for their own safety, due to dust exposure from products
• South Africa work permit needed for non-South Africans
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Closing Date: 11th September 2015
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.