University of South Africa (UNISA) Online Application for semester 2 of 2016 is now open from 9 to 20 May 2016.
Who must apply?
Everyone starting a new qualification, first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification. If you applied for admission to semester 1 and did not receive an offer, you must re-apply for semester 2 of the 2016 academic year.
Online applications: 9 – 20 May 2016 (hard copy applications will only be accepted for non-degree purposes).
What’s new for 2016?
- The second application period for the 2016 academic year will be open for selected qualifications with semester modules from 9 – 20 May 2016.
- You can now apply for a maximum of three qualifications if you meet all the admission requirements for your chosen qualifications.
- Unisa will assess your application using a points score system and inform you whether or not your application was successful and the qualification(s) for which you have been accepted (ie make you an offer). Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of places available for each qualification.
- You will be required to accept the offer within a specific period of time. If you receive more than one offer from Unisa, you must confirm which offer you are accepting.
How to apply?
Ways to apply
- Online via http://applications.unisa.ac.za
- Or visit a Unisa regional office to submit your complete application online via the self-help stations (application form + uploaded supporting documents) (08:00-15:30, Mondays to Fridays)
- Hard copy application forms will be accepted when applying for non-degree purposes only. Incomplete application forms will be declined.
Upload supporting documents
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification).
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from Unisa
- R100 for online applications
- R150 for hard copy applications (non-degree purposes only)
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie STUDENTNUMBER 5370810030)
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking and payment information.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
Make sure that your application is complete
If your application for admission to study through Unisa is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period. For more information, send an e-mail to [email protected].
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)