University of Zululand has two campuses namely, Richards Bay Campus and KwaDlangezwa Campus
The University of Zululand (also known as Unizulu) is the only comprehensive tertiary educational institution north of the Tugela River in KwaZulu-Natal,South Africa. Its new status is in accordance with South Africa’s National Plan for Higher Education aimed at eradicating inequity and costly duplication. As a result, Unizulu offers career-focused programmes as well as a limited number of relevant university degree courses that have been structured with potential employees and employers in mind.
The university has extended its existing links with a wide array of tertiary educational institutions in the United States and in Europe by establishing partnerships with the University of Mississippi, Radford University, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and Chicago State University. Unizulu pursues an agenda for scholarly investigation in response to social problems, with community service being systematically integrated into the formal curriculum. The University strives to produce graduates with high-level knowledge and skills and who have been educated for citizenship and for active participation in society. In order to do so effectively, it seeks to cultivate relationships with funding agencies at home and abroad.
Departments and Faculties
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Education
- B.ED Early Childhood Development and Foundation Phase
- B.ED Foundation and Intermediate Phases (Phasing Out)
- B.ED Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) Phases (Phasing Out)
- B.ED Further Education and Training
- Bachelor of Education Honours (B.Ed)(Honours)
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Doctor of Education (D.Ed)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) (Community Psychology)
- National Professional Diploma in Education (NPDE)
Faculty of Science And Agriculture
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISTRY AND MICROBIOLOGY
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOKINETICS AND SPORT SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
- DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF HYDROLOGY
- DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES
- DEPARTMENT OF NURSING SCIENCE
- DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS AND ENGINEERING
- DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE ACCESS
- DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
Faculty of Commerce and Administration
- Higher Certificate in Accounting
- Higher Certificate in Marketing
- Diploma in Logistics Management
- Diploma in Transport Management
- Diploma in Management of Co-Operatives
How to Apply
Application to University of Zululand requires a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as cerified by Umalusi, provided that a minimum of four recognized NSC 20-credit subjects are passed.
|NSC Achievement Scale||Achievement Scale||%|
These subjects must have an NSC achievement rating of three or higher, they must also include English and must not exceed two official languages. Appliactions are further subject to programme or department requirements. Potential applicants may be required to undergo a selection interview, pass an aptitude test and/or produce a portfolio for admission.
Prospective students may apply for admission to an undergraduate qualification via the Central Applications Office (CAO). 31 October is the closing date for applications, thereafter a late application fee will be applicable.
The CAO on-time application fee for South African residents is R150 and R300 late fee application. International Students: R300.
For additional information:
Refer to the CAO handbook, contact the respective faculty.
University of Zululand
Private Bag X1001
1 Main Road
Richards Bay Campus
University of Zululand
Private Bag X1041
Richards Bay Campus:
Corner Guldengracht & East Arterial Roads
- Switchboard – Main Campus: 035 902 6000
- Switchboard – Richards Bay: 035 902 6006
Website : www.unizulu.ac.za
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za