Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET) invites qualifying students to apply for High School Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Bursaries are awarded each year, to cover ANY field of study, towards a first higher certificate/ diploma/ degree qualification, at the University of Cape Town, the University of the Western Cape, Stellenbosch University or Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
The partial bursary will provide cover for a portion of tuition fees and books – the amount is variable. Students must apply for other loans or bursaries to cover the balance of their fees.
Bursaries will support students for the entire duration of their undergraduate studies, on condition that they maintain good grades. Students must reapply for funding each year.
ASSET bursaries are not repayable, but bursary recipients should join the ASSET Alumni Association and occasionally assist with other programmes or in the office.
Bursaries will be awarded based on academic merit and financial need. The most important criteria is the means test – a test used to determination eligibility for government financial assistance, based on family income.
Due to a large numbers of applications expected to be received, only successful candidates will be notified by the end of February 2022. If you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must be have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate qualification (in any field)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards your first qualification (i.e have not completed any previous tertiary qualifications)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a University or University of Technology within the Western Cape (NOT a private institution or FET College): UCT, UWC, SUN or CPUT
- You must meet the entry requirements at the University or University of Technology for your chosen course of study
- Preference will be given to students in financial need (total income of less than R18 000 per month for a family with 2 children, or R2 000 extra per child for up to 4 children and total income between R350 000 and R600 000 per year)
- Preference will be given to students who have achieved above average results for subjects relevant to their field of study
- Preference will be given to students who have attended poorer schools but have still achieved a University entrance
- Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged communities, rural areas and/or informal settlements
- Preference will be given to students who have excellent attendance and have proved commitment to the ASSET Learner Development Programme
How to apply
Download and complete the relevant application form:
New or first-time applicants: ASSET Bursary Application Form (New Applicants) (.pdf)
Existing bursary holders: ASSET Bursary Application Form (Renewal) (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric mid-year, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Mid-year tertiary results, if finals are not available (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts, if in 2nd to final year of study (certified copy)
- Proof of household income (payslips if employed/ sworn statement or affidavit/ pension advice if applicable) (certified copy)
- Motivational letter to support your application
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Post or hand delivery:
Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET)
5 Long Street
Please note: faxed applications will NOT be accepted.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom