Last updated on July 11th, 2016 at 09:13 pm
Central University of Technology (CUT) has two campuses namely, Bloemfontein Campus (Main Campus) and Welkom Campus.
Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) is the foremost higher education institution in the heartland of South Africa, dedicated to quality education and training in science, engineering and technology. CUT has developed into a leading institution able to take its place on the national, as well as international, higher education landscape.
CUT, then still known as the Technikon Free State, opened its doors in 1981 with 285 students enrolled in mainly secretarial, art and design programmes. With the restructuring of the higher education landscape a few years ago, CUT embraced its new status as a university of technology and thus positioned itself to succeed as such. On 26 March 2004 the former Technikon Free State officially exchanged its “technikon” status for a tailor-made identity when its new name was published in the Government Gazette – a name that is a true reflection of what the university stands for: Central University of Technology, Free State.
Our academic schools and departments are organised into four faculties.
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
- Department of Built Environment
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Department of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering
Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Clinical Sciences
- Department of Health Sciences
- Department of Life Sciences
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Department of Accounting and Auditing
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Business Support Studies
- Department of Government Management
- Department of Hospitality Management (Hotel School)
- Department of Tourism and Event Management
Faculty of Humanities
- Department of Communication Sciences
- Department of Design and Studio Art
- Department of Language and Social Sciences Education
- Department of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
- Department of Post Graduate Studies in Education
How to apply
You can apply online for:
You can apply for Residences and NSFAS once you are notified that your application for admission to CUT has been accepted and you may register for the year/semester.
If you are unable to apply online and would like to submit printed hard copies of your documentation, the information is available on the application process page.
Any person applying for admission to the CUT must request an application form from the Assistant Registrar: Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services at the following address:
Assistant Registrar: Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services
Private Bag X20539
Bloemfontein Campus: +27 (0)51 507 3911
Welkom Campus: +27 (0)57 910 3500
NIHE: Kimberley: +27 (0)53 836 5960
20 President Brand Street
Physical Address: Welkom Campus
1 Mothusi Road
Main Entrance of university:
1 Park Road