City of Johannesburg (CoJ) invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 05 November 2022
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to fulfil its socio-economic mandate by providing training
opportunities in the form of Financial Assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg
metropolitan area who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognised tertiary institution in South
Africa and who adhere to the prescribed criteria in order for them to acquire their qualification at a
recognised FET and / or HET.
The CoJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to
pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction)
- Local Government Science/Political Science
- Communications/Social Media
- Community Services
- Curatorial Studies
- Emergency Management Services
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Engineering (all Fields)
- Municipal Governance
- Environmental Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Small Business
- Management, Supply Chain
- Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Quality Assurance
- Public Management
- Geo Information Science (GIS)
- Quantity Surveying
- Health (Nursing)
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property
- Information Technology
- Sports Science
- International Relations and Protocol
- Town and Regional Planning
Criteria for selection
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
- The bursary is not applicable for post graduate qualifications
The Bursary covers
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of
R 35,000.00 per academic year.
How to apply
Click here to apply online for City of Johannesburg (CoJ): Bursaries 2022
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi
Tel No: (011) 407 6979
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom