Last updated on October 26th, 2019 at 08:22 am
The Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development will make available a limited number of bursaries to historically disadvantaged South Africans residing in the Gauteng Province and who are considering a career in the Veterinary Science, Agriculture and Environmental Sectors. These professions fall within scarce and critical occupational categories.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 8 November 2019
Bursary Provider: Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Bursary Location: Gauteng
BURSARY AWARDS FOR 2020
Fields of studies
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science B.Sc. Geo-Informatics or GIS related qualification Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
- B.Sc. Environmental Science Management Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
- B.Sc. Food Science Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
- B.Sc. Zoology, Botany or Ecology Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
- Degree/ND: Chemical Engineering or Analytical Chemistry Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 5
- (60-69) Level 4 (50-59)
- ND: Veterinary Laboratory Technology Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)
- ND: Food Technology Mathematics and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)
Within the framework of the Scarce Skills Talent Pipeline and External Bursary Policy the selection of candidates is based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must show proof of admission (provisional admission) to a higher educational institution for any of the above qualifications.
- Have been a permanent resident in the Gauteng Province for at least one-year prior to application. Studying or intending to study full time at a recognised institution of higher learning in Gauteng Province.
- Preference will be given to those who excel academically and/or demonstrate potential.
- Preference will be given to those who are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme. Women, people with disabilities and people living in designated rural areas/nodes are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive a response from the Department by the end of January 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Application forms are obtainable at the reception area of: Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House, Ground Floor or from the website:(Click on the following: Our Organisation, select Department of Agriculture & Rural Development, go to ‘Announcement and download Bursary application form). Applicants are required to forward their applications directly to: Human Resources Development, Gauteng Department of Agriculture & Rural Development, PO Box 8769, Johannesburg, 2000 or above-mentioned physical address. For further enquiries, please contact: Mr. Livhuwani Mutswana (011) 240 2590 or Ms. Thandiwe Tsutsu (011) 240 2586
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za