Margaret McNamara Education Grant (MMEG) are inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursary Closing Date: 14 September 2021
The bursary is named after its founder, which is the Margaret McNamara Education Grant or MMEG. It is a non-profit organization and works in the public charity space. Established in 1981, it aims to support women in developing countries and empower them with education. Through this, the organization hopes to bring down gender inequality that’s seen in many countries. The organization is influenced by the works of Margaret McNamara. She was the wife of Robert McNamara, who served as the fifth president of World Bank.
Ms. Margaret was an avid promoter of education among women. She also advocated for gender inequality. Because of her work, she was honored with the highest civilian distinction in the US, the Medal of Honour.The organization follows her path and the bursary is a part of the legacy. The money comes from The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund that was set up for this scholarship.
- Must be a South African citizen. Citizens of other countries are also eligible, depending on the eligibility list.
- In case you’re a foreigner, you must have a study permit to study in South Africa.
- Must be a woman.
- Must be over 25 years of age at the time of applying.
- Must have enrolled at one of these universities: the University of Cape Town, University of Witwatersrand, University of Free State (UFS), University of Pretoria, University of Stellenbosch.
- Must be studying towards a Certificate, Undergrad, Grad, Post-grad degree.
- Must have enrolled, either full-time or part-time. If part-time, it should be at least two courses per semester.
- You must fully enroll after receiving the bursary amount.
- Furthermore, you must enroll for the next academic year, i.e., January to July 2022.
- Shouldn’t be related to any IMF, World Bank Group, or Inter-American Development Bank employee.
- For the 2021 session, must be born before 15 September 1996.
How to apply
The first step is to access and fill out the online the application form.
- ID documents
- Passport and study permit, for foreigners
- Second passport page for dual citizenship holders
- Proof of registration at one of the five universities
- Updated academic records
- A brief letter describing the personal story, future plans, and motivation
- A paragraph in the letter demonstrating financial needs
- A brief summary of the thesis
- Two reference letters
For further information, contact this email ID – email@example.com
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom