Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2021 / 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 June 2021
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) are inviting students to apply for the postgraduate bursary programme. The bursary will cover 2 years of study, towards a Master of Engineering (MEng) in Chemical Engineering, at 1 of the approved Universities (University of Pretoria/ University of Stellenbosch/ University of the North West/ University of the Witwatersrand).
The bursary will provide funding for 2 years of full-time study, to the value of R130 000 per year. Students will also have the opportunity to acquire advanced skills during the postgraduate training, within specialist fields (including chemical analysis, process modelling, material flow analysis, material and energy balances, wood science and separation techniques).
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited to attend an interview – if you do not received any feedback, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must preferably be a South African citizen (advantageous but not essential)
- You must be a BSc Eng Chemical Engineering graduate or a final year BSc Eng Chemical Engineering student
- You must be interested in studying full-time towards an MEng Chemical Engineering (within the bio-technology space of the pulp, paper and packaging industry)
- You must have achieved or will achieve a minimum overall average of 60% in your final year of study
- You must have a good academic record
- You must be completing your BSc qualification in under 5 years
- You must study at one of the following institutions: University of Pretoria, University of Stellenbosch, University of the North West or University of the Witwatersrand
How to apply
Applications must be done online at: PAMSA Bursary Application
Submit clear copies of the following documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Any other supporting motivations
- Reference letter signed from a lecturer or HOD (must include the following details: references full name, relationship to applicant, contact number and email address)
- Full academic record (signed or stamped copy of your full academic record to date)
- All documents must preferably be submitted in pdf format.
- If you are having trouble uploading your supporting documents, you may email them to email@example.com (ensure that you put your name in the email subject line).
- Make sure that your file names do not contain any special characters (including apostrophes or other punctuation mark), as this may effect the uploading.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom