PPS Foundation invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 October 2021
The PPS Foundation is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for degree studies within STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields, which are scarce and critical sectors in the country. Bursaries are also available for studies within the Humanities field.
Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main criteria: financial need and academic performance. The bursary is available from the 1st year of study, through to Honours level.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, text books, meals and accommodation at university residence. Students will also receive access to other resources, to reduce the challenges of the learning and teaching experience.
Bursary recipients in the 1st year of study will be required to attend on-campus contact support sessions, facilitated by the PPS Foundation, at certain times throughout the year.
Bursary recipients are required to submit their statement of results at the end of each semester, as soon as they are received, in order to continue receiving funding.
Candidates can also read about previous PPS bursary recipients, their experiences with the PPS bursary and where they are now.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or enrolled to study full time, at recognised public tertiary institution in South Africa (University or University of Technology)
- You must achieve and maintain a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must have a household income of NO MORE than R600 000 per annum
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies towards a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates and financially deserving Black candidates (African, Coloured, Indian)
How to apply
Applications must be done online at: PPS Foundation Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date, including most recent transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration for the current academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Financial Statement from University student finance department
- Proforma invoices for prescribed books
- Lease agreements, if living in private accommodation
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employedm, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom