RCL Foods invites South African unemployed youth to apply for Quality Control (In-Service) Traineeship Programme 2023 / 2024
Apprenticeship Application Closing Date: 09 November 2023
Apprenticeship Location: Boksburg, Gauteng, South Africa
RCL Foods is inviting suitably qualified individuals to apply for the position of Quality Control (In-Service Trainee).
Reference Number: RCL231026-1
About RCL Foods: RCL Foods Limited is a South African consumer goods and milling company. It’s one of South Africa’s leading food manufacturers, producing a broad range of branded and private label food products across various categories.
About the Programme: At RCL FOODS, they work as a team to provide more food to more people, more often. SIQALO FOODS, a subsidiary of RCL FOODS, is seeking a Quality Control In-Service Trainee to join their FOODS DIVISION in BOKSBURG.
The role involves adhering to procedures to ensure products are tested and evaluated to meet the necessary standards and specifications in line with FQA and UMA methodology.
- Understand Quality Management Systems, policies & procedures and verify the quality and consumer safety of materials, work-in-progress, and finished products.
- Preparation of finished goods samples for sensory evaluation.
- Aseptic sampling techniques.
- Sampling and testing of packaging materials.
- Storage of blends and finished goods samples for the duration of the shelf life.
- Analytical testing of raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods in line with ISO methods.
- Line inspections – physical checks on finished products.
- In-house CRQS assessment and reporting.
- Sampling and testing of blends (PV, FFA, and N-lines) and finished goods (Salt, pH, Moisture, D3.3, and E-sigma).
- Daily verification and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Reporting and interpretation of analytical results.
- Monitor line CIP to ensure proper cleaning took place.
- Positive release – Ensure samples and/or products are checked and comply after CIP is conducted and during line startup.
- Recording and filing of all Lab analysis records, Sensory records, and Line inspection records.
- Raise NCA/QEWO for all non-conforming products or processes.
- Adhere to Laboratory Safety standards and GLP.
- Participate in product investigations and conduct necessary traceability investigations.
- Participate in delivering the continuous improvement program, which involves internal audits, mock recalls, taste panel duties, project team involvement, and involvement in CI initiatives.
- National diploma in (working towards) Analytical chemistry, Food Tech, or B.Sc. / B. Tech technical degree.
How to Apply:
To apply for this and more jobs at RCL FOODS, visit the careers portal through the buttons provided at the bottom of the original job posting.
RCL FOODS is committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally, promoting from within wherever possible to support their Employment Equity goals.