The South African National Zakah Fund (SANZAF) Zakah is welcoming applications from South African students for the Bursary Programme for the academic year 2024.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 15 November 2023
Are you a South African student facing financial barriers to pursue tertiary education? The South African National Zakah Fund (SANZAF) Zakah Bursary is here to help. SANZAF annually provides funding to financially needy students across the country, covering ALL fields of study. Here’s how you can apply:
- South African citizen or foreign national with a study permit
- Currently in Matric or studying at a tertiary institution
- Reside in the province of application
- Proven financial need
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Applied for NSFAS before applying for this bursary
- Studying at a recognized University, University of Technology, or Technikon in South Africa
- Meet the SANZAF requirements
- Choose the relevant application link based on your location:
- Durban students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2024
- Western Cape students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2024
- Gqeberha / Port Elizabeth students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2024
- Gauteng students: coming soon – applications open on 1 December 2023.
- East London students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2024
- Ladysmith students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2024
- Pietermaritzburg students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2024
- Kimberley students: SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2024
- Enter “StudentRoom.co.za” when asked how you heard about the SANZAF Zakah bursary.
- Submit clear copies of required documents with your online application.
- Bursary Committee assessment
- Shortlisted candidates notified for interviews
- Feedback provided to candidates
- Confirmation of Pledge letter issued to selected candidates
- Bursary payments made directly to the institution
Closing Dates: Closing dates vary by location, ranging from 15 November 2023 to 31 January 2024. Be sure to apply before the specified closing date for consideration.
Contact Details: For queries, contact the nearest SANZAF branch:
- Durban: Razia Hamid, Razia.Hamid@sanzaf.org.za, 031 309 6786
- Western Cape: Faeza Govind, firstname.lastname@example.org, 021 638 5108
- Gqeberha / Port Elizabeth: Hazra Karriem, email@example.com, 041 457 1459
- Gauteng: Saadiqah Letsoara, firstname.lastname@example.org, 011 834 6046
- East London: Imaan Poovan, Imaan.Poovan@sanzaf.org.za, 043 722 7453
- Ladysmith: Mahommed Dadabhay, email@example.com, 036 633 2792
- Pietermaritzburg: Maseera Amin, Maseera.Amin@sanzaf.org.za, 033 397 9133
- Kimberley: Ebrahim Joubyar, Ebrahim.firstname.lastname@example.org, 053 831 2758
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to pursue your dreams. Apply for the SANZAF Zakah Bursary and take a step towards a brighter future!