UCT Department of Information Systems invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 31 October 2021
The University of Cape Town’s Department of Information Systems is inviting students to apply for a bursary award, for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary programme is available for studies at UCT, towards either of these qualifications: BCom Honours degree, majoring in Information Systems OR 4th year B.Bus.Sci studies, majoring in Information Systems.
UCT will be awarding 5 bursaries, to the value of R60 000 each, and will cover 1 year of full-time study. The top 5 eligible students to apply, will receive the bursary.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African Citizen or a permanent resident in South Africa
- You must have applied to study full time towards a Bachelors of Commerce Honours or you must be currently enrolled full time in your 4th year of B.Bus.Sci majoring in Information Systems
- You must be studying or have applied to study at UCT
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for your 3rd year Information
- You must have proven financial need
- You must NOT be employed full-time
- Preference will be given to Black (African, Coloured or Indian) candidates
- Preference will be given to candidates in financial need – either in terms of the National Means Test (total family income of less than R350 000 per year) or GAP tuition bursaries (total family income is between R350 000 and R600 000 per year)
How to apply
Download and complete the UCT Department of Information Systems Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or permanent residence (certified copy)
- Official academic transcript (on institutions letterhead)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter to support your application
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “IS Honours Bursary 2022” in the email subject line).
NOTES ABOUT THE UCT DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS BURSARY
- Funds provided by the bursary programme are to be used for expenses relevant to the Information Systems Honours programme at UCT.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete and sign the student agreement (this will be forwarded to them once they receive the award).
- The successful applicant may NOT be employed full-time, however, they may partake in teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties during the year of study. They also may be remunerated for their services rendered at the normal university tariff for services.
- Bursary recipients may supplement the bursary, up to the maximum of the university’s capped value for the level of study.
- If the applicant does not complete their degree, the full amount of the bursary must be refunded to the Information Systems department.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom