University of the Free State (UFS) is offering Protection Services Internships Programme for 2018 / 2019 in Bloemfontein.
Internship Application Closing Date 31 May 2018.
Internship Location: Bloemfontein, Free State
Internship Provider: University of the Free State (UFS)
Intern (contract appointment: 1 year)
Job ID: 2361
Duties and responsibilities:
Gain exposure in the following areas:
- Assist walk in clients
- Attend to queries and refer to relevant person.
- Answer telephone and attend to telephone queries.
- File documents.
- Capture appointments in the register.
- Update invoice register.
- Issue stationery and keep record of stationery issued.
- Assist with copying and printing of documents when necessary.
- Assist with general ad-hoc administration related duties.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161 / 3687/ 9962 / 9130.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a copy of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete, without a reference number, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za