Last updated on August 20th, 2020 at 10:57 am
Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute invites applicants to apply for Internship / graduates programme for 2021.
Internship Application Closing date: 20 July 2020
Internship Location: Parktown (Blackwood)
Wits RHI has 3x Implementation Science Internship opportunities (UNITAID PrEP PROJECT) running for the next 12 Months.
Main purpose of the job Wits RHI is implementing Project Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) on behalf of National Department of Health. This project commenced in January 2018 and will end in December 2020.
Project PrEP is implemented in three provinces (Eastern Cape, Gauteng and
Kwa-Zulu Natal). The project will have two implementation sites in the Eastern Cape; one implementation site in Gauteng and one implementation site in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Key performance areas
In order to effectively roll out the project activities, there is a need for
project team that will ensure the implementation of these activities in three provinces. In addition to other team members, Project PrEP requires the services of three (3) interns that will assist the project PrEP
team with: –
- general administrative support to the Project PrEP staff
- cross-cutting M&E project team including follow up of clients
- demand creation Project PrEP team
- planning of trainings and participating at these trainings
- translating and transcribing the research documents
- Assist in maintenance of PrEP stock i.e. monitoring of stock levels at the sites
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12
- Currently studying and in their final year, post graduate studies in the following fields: – – Public health – Social Sciences – Health economics – Social Work
- Health Promotion
Required minimum work experience
• No work experience needed. Wits RHI prefers individuals who has never worked at all. Wits RHI wants, at the end of the assignment, the interns should have gained an exposure and experience in the field as well as providing an opportunity to see if the career field is the right one based on getting personal experience
in the field.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities • A self Starter • Able to work independently. • A professional and positive disposition. • Customer orientated and tactful. • Self-motivated with a high regard for work ethic, values and integrity. • Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills Advert reference number: CW0031 – INTERN x3
The closing date for all applications is 20 July 2020.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please submit (1.) a cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for and (2.) a detailed CV to: Carol Willemse at Vacancy2@wrhi.ac.za
Subject Heading of email must read: Advert reference number: CW0031 – 2020 and Job Title of position applied for. Those applicants that do not adhere to the above will not be considered for the respective position applied for. The Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful. In accordance with our
Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable
applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom