ABSA: Bank Teller Opportunities 2017 in South Africa
What you’ll give our customers
Your role will be to provide Customer service through timeous and accurate processing of client financial transactions to walk-in customers in Absa Bank Branches. You will also ensure that all their banking needs are met quickly and efficiently with a friendly smile to ensure that there is minimal disruption to their day. Contribute to bottom line growth through identification of sales opportunities.
Application deadline is 18 August 2016
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute Cash & Related Transactions
- Throughout each day, balance, control and manage the cash float by checking the amount of cash at the teller station and requesting the restocking or repatriation of cash when prescribed cash limits are reached.
- Customer Service
- Provide advice to customers on the cash and other transactions processes to ensure the smooth flow of transactions.
- Identifying Sales Leads
- Identify and action sales leads (teller prompts) and cross selling opportunities.
- Compliance To Legislative Requirements And Internal Processes
- Open & close the branch safe according to the Bank’s procedures, including physically securing the safe according to required procedures.
- NQF level no. 4: Grade 12 with Accounting and Mathematics as subjects.
- Minimum 1-2 years Cashier experience in a retail environment.
- Computer Literacy skills.
- No criminal record.
How to Apply
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.