Agricultural Research Council: Internships 2016 / 2017 in SA
Internships (38) positions to be placed in all 9 provinces)
Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is offering Internships Programme for the financial year 2016 / 2017 in all 9 provinces of South Africa. The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) – Animal Production Institute wishes to invite young agricultural graduates to participate in the above-mentioned programme to support the implementation of the Kaonafatso ya Dikgomo Beef Recording and Improvement Scheme among smallholder framers. The participants will be exposed to various activities of the scheme during the internship programme to enable them to acquire experiential training.
Internship Application deadline is 26 August 2016
Internship Provider: Agricultural Research Council (ARC)
Internship Location: South Africa
Key performance areas:
- Provide animal recording and improvement services to smallholders farmers.
- Participate in the training and recruitment of farmers and teams in Kaonafatso ya Dikgomo Beef Recording and Improvement Scheme.
- Visit farmers for beef recording and improvement purposes.
- Train new participants in different phases of beef schemes.
- Participate in focus sessions / meetings with farmers’ teams /individuals
- Collect information from all – possible livestock owned b resourced poor farmers to derive performance indicators.
- P[participate in the provincial farmer support team to implement the project.
- Compile monthly reports
- A National Diploma in Animation Production
- Motivated and prepared to travel t farms and villages
- Good human relations
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
How to Apply
Applications, accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (including certificates, supporting documents, copy of drivers’s license and nationality – NB: Non-RSA citizens / work permit holders must attach certified copies), as well as the names and particulars of three (3) traceable referees, must be made online at www.arc.humanjobs.co.za
NB: Applications must indicate their preferred province.
Enguries: Mr DM Motiang, tel (012) 672 – 9147
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.