Transport Education Training Authority: TETA – Bursaries 2017 in South Africa
The Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is offering bursaries for 2017 academic year and invite all talented and high performing unemployed full time learners registered / planning to be registered within TVET and HET Institutions, to submit applications for bursary funding for the below listed Programmes . This bursary funding is aimed at addressing the scarce and critical skills within the transport industry.
Bursary Application closing date is 30 September 2016 at 16:30
Bursary Provider: Transport Education Training Authority (TETA)
Bursary Location: South Africa
As a part of its skills development initiatives Transport Education Training Authority awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the transport sector. Bursary awards are categorised according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Strategy III, compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Bursary Study Fields or List of Qualifications / Occupations To Be Funded With The 2016 / 17 Bursaries
- (N1-N6) or ND or B degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- (N1-N6) or National Diploma or B degree in Mechanical Engineering
- D Degree in Aeronautical Engineering
- National Diploma or B Degree in Business Management
- Commercial Pilot License
- Instructor’s Rating
- Instrument Rating
- B Com in Aviation
- National Diploma or B Degree in Logistics Management
- National Diploma in Operations Management
- National Diploma in Health and /or Safety Management
- National Diploma or B Degree in Road Transport Management
- B Degree in Supply Chain Management
- National Diploma or B Degree in Transportation Management
- B Degree in Transport Economics
- Commercial Divers, Class II, III and IV
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering: (Maritime)
- National Diploma: Maritime Studies
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation accredited by an academic institution, books and meals as per TETA Direct Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model. The bursary award targets previously disadvantaged and impoverished youth (35 years old younger) from rural and urban communities within South Africa, females and people with disabilities.
Applications forms as well as list of qualifications to be founded, guidelines and terms for the bursaries and other relevant documents are avilable on our website: www.teta.org.za, under TETA 2016/17 Direct Bursary Learner Support.
- Funding will only be applicable to applicants applying for studies related to the list provided and that should lead to a full academic qualification
- Applicants must be South African citizens and below the age of 35 years
- Applicants are to complete in full, Direct Learner Bursary Application Form available on the TETA website.
- Only successful candidates will be communicated to, if you do not hear from TETA by the end of January 2017 please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Applicants to clearly state on the application form course of Study , duration of study and cost per year if applying for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study.
- Application to be accompanied by documents as per the checklist attached to the application form.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TETA BURSARY:
Fully and correctly completed application forms mya be submitted in the following ways:
Via Post: Private Bag X10016 ,Randburg 2125 Attention: TETA 2015/16 Bursary Award
Hand delivery: To TETA Offices listed below:
Head Office: No. 344, Pretoria Avenue, Randburg (Attention: Mpho Langa: SD & LP Unit)
Kwazulu Natal Office: 2 nd Floor, 67 KE Masinga Road, Durban 4001, 031 301 9614 (Att: Ndumiso Mzama)
Western Cape Office: WBHO House, Glen Roy Road, Pinelands 7430, 021 531 3064 (Att: Zaida Sampson)
Capricorn College for FET, Senwabarwana Campus, Senwabarwana Main Road, Bochum (Att: Thandazile Mabuya)
Vhembe TVET College: Techniven, Makwarela Campus (Att. Phumudzo Muronga)
Lephalale TVET College: C/o Nelson Mandela & Ngoako Ramahlodi Drive, Onverwacht, Lephalale, at tel: (014) 763 2252 Ext 221 (Att: Phaswane Lebogang Sewela)
Enquiries, Please Contact: (011) 577 7033 /7018
NOTA: If you do no hear from us after January 2017, please consider you application unsuccessful.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.