ArcelorMittal: Bursary Programme 2016/2017
Interested In a global engineering career with the largest steel manufacturer in the world?
ArcelorMittal South Africa, Vanderbilpark Works would like to announce the following bursary opportunities: Training as artisans is provided In the, following fields: Welder Boilermaker, Fitter and Turner, Fitter, Millwright, Electrician, Instrumentation, Refractory Mason.
Applicants must have been previously employed contributing to the Unemployment Benefit Fund (UIF).
- Proof of previous employment to be attached
Required qualifications are:
- A full Grade 11 qualification with English, Mathematics (not Maths Literacy). Physical/Engineering Science, relevant trade theory and an additional relevant technical subject – all passed or
- A full N2 – N6 certificate (Mathematics. Engineering Science, relevant trade theory and an additional relevant technical subject) (Evidence of English on at least Grade 11) — all passed or
- A full NVC Level 3 or a Technical Learnership NQF Level 3 with related technical subjects
Previous recognised formal trade related institution training will be an advantage. A contractual training agreement will apply. The bursary includes specified training cost. PPE,, payment of institutional training, personal insurance as well as a bursary allowance. Permanent employment on completion of trade test is not guaranteed
How to Apply
Applicants must forward a completed CV including a copy of ID and proof of all qualifications to email [email protected]
Please quote reference VDB-UIFAPPR- 1 and indicate the trade you are applying for in the subject field
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups
- The successful candidates will be subject to a medical examination
- By submitting your application, you give consent for us to use your personal information for recruitment
Closing Date: 30 June 2016
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.