BDO awards bursaries to students studying towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification. Preference is given to well-rounded individuals who perform equally well in all areas of their lives. Bursaries are financial assistance given to students for further study for either degree, diploma or post graduate studies. Bursaries are awarded on a financial needs basis and are linked to satisfactory academic achievements with a solid academic track record at school or university.
Students who are awarded a bursary are required to serve a training contract with the specific office who awarded the bursary on completion of their studies. Bursaries have conditions attached to them and once students have completed their studies, students will have to work for a period of three years.
Bursary Application Deadline is 31 October 2016
Bursary Provider: BDO
Bursary Location: SouthAfrica
- NOT be signed with any other professional services firm to complete a training contract
- NOT be in possession of a bursary / scholarship / financial assistance award which has employment obligations or post training contract employment obligations
- Be planning to study towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification (learners/scholars)
- Commitment to study towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification with majors in accounting and auditing
- Be studying at a university which offers South African Institute of Chartered Accountants’ (SAICA) accredited programmes through to Honours / CTA level.
- Minimum “B” in Maths higher grade and minimum “B” in English higher grade either 1st or 2nd language; and an overall average of 70% or higher in the final grade 12 or equivalent results.
- 70% or more in Accounts I
- 70% or more in Accounts II
- 65% or more in Accounts III
*If you wish to be considered for this position please include: a 2 page CV; Academic transcripts (from Matric to your most current results); and copy of your ID document in your application.
BDOS’s amount of money can be for that of a full bursary or that of a half bursary. Our bursaries do not cover all study expenses and only covers registration fees, tuition fees and books for each year of study. Students have to therefore be prepared to meet some of the costs. Applications are collected and processed throughout the course of the year, due to the number of applicants, applicants may only receive feedback towards the end of the year.
How to Apply:
For latest Intenships, Learnerships, bursaries and more follow StudentRoom.co.za on Facebook (Click HERE)