Cederberg Local Municipality hereby invites applicants to apply for Finance Internship Programme for Financial year 2019 in Western Cape. National Treasury has set up a financial internship programme to manage capacity building in municipalities. Interns will under practical experience and further training in strategic reforms in municipal finance. This appointment will be for a period of 2 years with a possible extension of a further year. Successful applicants will receive a stipend of R 100 000.00 per annum during their placement.
Internship Application Closing Date: 22 February 2019
Internship Provider: Cederberg Local Municipality
Internship Location: Western Cape
- A three year’s Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma (NQF 6) / or FET College Diploma (minimum with major concentrations in Economics, Accounting or Finance, Internal Auditing or Risk Management
- Proficiency in two (2) languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans / English / Xhosa – Speak, Read and Write)
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Applications)
- High Level of responsibility and ability to give attention to detail
- Accountancy and numeracy skills
- Reporting Skills
- Basic Knowledge of monthly reconciliations
- Knowledge and or experience with regards to Internal Audit processes
- Good communication skills.
Key Performance Areas
- Assisting in the implementation of accepted municipal accounting practise and budgetary reforms
- Training in the key performance areas of Internal Audit
- Reconciliations and financial analysis
Please Note that preference will be given to residents in the Cederberg Municipal Area ● Young candidates whom recently graduated from various institutions of further education ● Candidates whom are not permanently employed.
How to Apply
Forward your application in your own handwriting on the prescribed application form to:
The Municipal Manager:
Private Bag X2
Mark the Envelope clearly: Application for Vacancy
Download Application forms and must be completed in the applicants own handwriting • Applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV with certified copies of qualifications (Not older than three months) and other relevant documents • No applications received via fax or email will be considered • Applications without the above will not be considered • The reserves the right not to make an appointment • Candidates will be subjected to reference checks • Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify an applicant • Direct or indirect canvassing with councillors or officials for preferential treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant • Correspondence regarding the advertised position will be limited to shortlisted candidates • Do not send original documentation • No CV’s or application documents will be returned to candidates for any reason. If you are not invited for an interview within 60 days, you may deem your application to be unsuccessful. Indicate clearly the vacancy you are applying for • should there be any errors or omissions on this advert; the relevant job description, grading and or municipal policies will supersede such error or omission • It is important that applicants must have a South African revenue services (SARS) registration number. Failure to provide a SARS number will disqualify your application.
ENQUIRIES: Mr H. Witbooi or Mr N Smit, Tel (027) 482 8000
N.B.NO CRIMINAL RECORD (IMPORTANT – VALID SAPS CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE OR PROOF OF APPLICATION OF CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION – APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A VALID POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE NOT OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW – APPLICANTS WHO DOES NOT PROVIDE THE VALID CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za