City of Johannesburg: Traineeship 2017 in Gauteng
The City of Johannesburg has a Trainee Librarian position available within the Library & Information Services department. This is a fixed term contract opportunity for a period NOT exceeding twelve (12) months.
Traineeship Application deadline is 1 August 2016
Traineeship Provider: City of Johannesburg
Traineeship Location: Gauteng
To be trained to assist in rendering public library services focusing on providing people oriented service to the community assisting with routine library operations, programmes and the central marketing and development services.
Training will include:
- Book stock knowledge, collection management and library house-keeping routines.
- Reference and information retrieval skills (print and electronic resources).
- Special collections in the Johannesburg City Library (e.g. Africana, Performing Arts).
- Library extension services and reading development programmes.
- Use of the automated library system.
- Basic computer skills.
- Four (4) year tertiary library qualification: B. Bibl / B. Inf. or PGDLIS or B. Tech (NQF level 7)
- Candidates with a three (3) year University of Technology Diploma in Librarianship / NQF level 6 will also be considered.
- Qualified candidates with little or no library experience will be given preference.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
For further information relating to job requirements and description, interested applicants can contact Lizelle Cooke at (011) 407 6568.
How to apply
A motivation letter and comprehensive CV must be hand deliverd to 14th floor, A-Block, Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein, for attention of Lizelle Cooke or emailed to:
N.B PLEASE STATE WHETHER YOU HAVE A THREE OR FOUR YEAR QUALIFICATION!
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za