CSIR: Finance Internship Programme in Pretoria
(Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) CSIR has an Internship opportunity for a Financial Administrator Intern in the BioFISA Programme Office, which is hosted by the Biosciences unit. The incumbent will be responsible for financial administration of the projects funded by the programme. This position is based in Pretoria.
The CSIR is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
Internship Application deadline is 11 August 2016
Internship Provider: CSIR
Internship Location: Gauteng, Pretoria
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting. An Honours degree will be advantageous
- Conduct financial administration of projects funded by the BioFISA II Programme
- Ensure corresponding documentation for contracts is available;
- Read contract in confirmation of budget, reporting requests by client, interest clauses and other finance related/binding clauses;
- Assign/capture billing and revenue plans for contracts;
- Prepare and issue invoices to clients;
- Reconcile contract related control and suspense accounts on a monthly basis;
- Pull financial data and prepare Financial Reports;
- Following-up on open orders;
- Place Capital Expenditure orders (Capex) on e-Procurement;
- Ensure Capex orders align with the procurement framework;
- Provide financial management to projects following the implementation guidelines; Assist with year-end processes and procedures.
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Good organisation skills; o Record-keeping skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
- Proactive approach to problem-solving;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task; and
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
How to apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to [email protected] with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Internship: Finance Administrator: Reference No: 307062).
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.