CSIR Internship 2016: National Centre for Nanostructured Materials
- Polymer Nanocomposites: chemical and polymer processing involving manufacturing of nanostructures and upscaling, and developing polymer nanocomposites for various applications,
- Materials for Device Applications: fabrication and testing / characterisation of materials,
- Characterisation Facility: assisting staff, CSIR, academic and industrial clients in the characterisation of materials across a number of te chniques and instruments.
Applicants must have one of the following:
- National diploma or BTech in chemical engineering, polymer science or polymer processing, polymer technology or materials Science,
- BSc or BSc (Hons) in biochemistry and physiology,
- BSc (Hons) in chemistry or physics or materials science.
- Experience in the following will be an advantage:
- Industrial experience in chemical plan operation, compounding or polymer processing or synthesis,
- CAD / industrial drawing experience,
- Expertise in hands-on running of characterisation equipment, either electron microscopy (SEM, TEM), x-ray instruments (XRD), optical instruments (FTIR, PL, etc.) or polymer characterisation instruments (TGA, DMA, DSC, Rheometry, etc.).
- Acceptable communication and presentation skills.
- Research and report-writing skills.
- Problem-solving, solution-seeking orientation.
- A goal-oriented approach.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to supervise young researchers.
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.