Department of Correctional Services: Internships 2017 in South Africa.
The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) is inviting applications from unemployed youth graduates for internship opportunities 2017 that currently exist within the Department. This is a 12 months long internship programme and the interns will receive a monthly stipend of R 4000-00 during their placement. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
Internship Application deadline is 19 August 2016
Internship Provider: Department of Correctional Services
Internship Location: National Head Office (Pretoria), Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West, Western Cape, Free State, Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Zonderwater College (HO) and Kroonstad College (HO).
Field of Studies:
FIELD OF Studies – QUALIFICATION
- Artisans – National Diploma in Spray Painting/ Plumbing/ Electrical/ Brick Laying/ Welding/ Motor Mechanic/ Upholstery/ Cabinet Making/ Fitting& Turning/ Boiler Makers/Ceramics
- Arts – National Diploma/ Degree in Fine Art/ Music/ Drama
- Agriculture – National Diploma/ Degree in Animal or Plant Production
- Communication – National Diploma/Degree in Public Relations/Graphic Design/Marketing /Event Management
- Community Developement – National Diploma/Degree in Community Development
- Correctional Service Management – National Diploma Correctional Services Management/Science
- Criminology – National Diploma/Degree Criminology/Penology
- Education – National Diploma/ Degree in Technical/ Maths and Science/ Commercial/ ABET
- Employee Relations – National Diploma/ Degree in Labour Law
- Engineering – National Diploma/ Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering/ Architecture/ Civil Engineering /Industrial Engineering/Quantity Surveying/Construction Project Management/Property Management/Sewerage and Water Sanitation
- Financial or Management Accounting / Internal Auditing / Taxation – National Diploma/ Degree in Cost Management Accounting/ Taxation/Finance.
- Human Resource Management – National Diploma/Degree Human Resource Management
- Information Technology – National Diploma/ Degree in Information Technology
- Journalism – Degree / National Diploma in Journalism
- Legal Services – Degree in Law/LLB
- Library Science – National Diploma/Degree Library Science
- Nutrition / Food Service Management – National Diploma/Degree in Catering/Food Services Management/Hospitality
- Occupational Health and Safety – National Diploma/Degree in Safety Management/ Environment Health
- Policy Development – National Diploma / Degree in Policy Development
- Project Management – National Diploma Project Management
- Public Administration and Management – Diploma/ Degree in Public Administration/Office Management
- Spiritual Care – National Diploma/ Degree in Theology
- Sports Management – National Diploma/Degree in Sports Management/ Bio Kinetics
- Supply Chain Management – National Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain Management/ Purchasing Management/ Logistics/ Acquisitioning Management
- i) Policy Development, Graphic Design, Journalism, Internal Audit internships are offered at Head Office only.
- ii) Artisans and Agriculture internships are only offered in Regions, specifically at the management areas.
Interns will be placed nationally within the Department of Correctional Services (Head Office, Regional Offices, and Management Areas). Applicants are advised to apply to the centres / offices closest to their place of residence to reduce their own accommodation and traveling costs.
DCS is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and qualifying people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Application forms are obtainable from Correctional Centres, Regional Offices, Management Area Offices and Head Office, and are also obtainable from this website www.dcs.gov.za andd should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, certified copy of bar-coded South African Identity Document and curriculum vitae.
Correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Applications must be forwarded to the regions of your choice; the postal address, street address, contact persons and their telephone numbers for each region are indicated below.
Ms. S. Mkuzangwe
Tel 012- 4200146
Private Bag X393
Broll Building 1077, Corner Festival and Arcadia Streets
Mr. E. Nhlengethwa
Tel 012- 3062016/2017
Private Bag X142
198 Masanda Building, Corner Johannes Ramokhoase and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria, 0001
Mr. F.D Ngcanga
Tel (021) 550 6180/78
Private Bag X1
Breede River Street
Monte Vista, 7460
Free State and Northern Cape:
Ms MM Maile
Tel (051) 404 0268
Private Bag X20530
Zastron Street 103
Ms UU Ngatha
Tel (043) 706 7803/7840
Private Bag x 9013
East London, 5200
Ocean View Terrace
Tel (033) 355 7360 / 7359
Private Bag x 9126
Eugene Marais Road
National Head offices:
Mr. A.V. Mkhabela
Tel (012) 307 2019/2843
Private Bag x 136
Pretoria , 0001
124 W F Nkomo Street
East Block, Pretoria 0001
Zonderwater College (HO)
Ms KLL Kgasi
Tel: (012) 301 4704
Private Bag X1010, Cullinan, 1000
R515 Rayton Road, Zonderwater College
Kroonstad College (HOD)
Ms A Moagi
Tel: (056) 216 2283
Private Bag X39, Kroonstad, 9500
Kroonstad College, Britz Street, Kroonstad, 9499
Please note the following:
- Application forms will under no circumstances be posted or faxed to the applicant.
- Complete application forms must be hand-delivered/posted (not registered mail please) to the above-mentioned offices no later than the 06 June 2014 at 15:45
Incomplete, faxed and emailed application forms will not be considered.
Correspondence will only be limited to successful candidates
If you have a question related to careers and jobs, university and university courses, study help, student financial support or even debate about breaking news, politics, sport and more - post a question on our Students and Graduates Discussion Forum (Click HERE) to get help from others.