Department of Health: Pharmacist Internships 2017 in KZN
Department of Health invites applications for Pharmacist Internship opportunities.The SAPC requires Internship to cover a full 12 months. Vacation leave (22 days) and sick leave is included in this period. A Pharmacy Internship is compulsory for those who have completed a B Pharmacy (or equivalent) degree and who wish to register with the SA Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a Pharmacist. Students/applicants should familiarize themselves with the requirements and obligations for internship.Any additional time away from work e.g. unauthorized absence from work, unpaid leave (i.e. approved leave in excess of the allowed 22 days’ vacation leave) will result in the period of internship being extended. Abuse of sick leave will be viewed in a serious light. Interns are required to work a 40-hour week (minimum). An academic or industrial internship needs to be supplemented by 400 hours of internship undertaken in a community or hospital pharmacy. These 400 hours can be undertaken in a KZN hospital should there be enough posts and tutors available after the 12 month internship placements have been made.
Internship Application deadline is 30 September 2016
Internship Provider: Department of Health
Internship Location: KwaZulu-Natal
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy (or equivalent) degree
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Pharmacist Intern.
How to apply
- All applications should be sent to Pharmaceutical Service at the KwaZulu – Natal Department of Health Head Office rather than to individual institutions.
- A Z83 form (Download here) should be used. This form is available from any provincial health facility. NB: Please make sure that your name is on this form.
- A Curriculum Vita (unbound) should also be attached. Please include the home address, and where possible an email address, in addition to any other contact address given in section C of the Z83 Application form.
- Copies of the applicant’s academic record must be submitted with applications, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Copies of the applicant’s ID or Passport must be submitted with applications.
- The applicant’s choice of hospitals (a maximum of 5) must be given with the application. No guarantee can be given though, that this choice will be acceded to and an alternate placement may be offered to the applicant.
- Where an applicant is seeking only 400 hours of internship i.e. to supplement an Academic or industrial internship this must be clearly stated in the application.
- Where the applicant has a bursary from the KZN Department of Health, this must be clearly stated in the application. The District that provided the bursary must be stated.
- Please use only one staple to clip all the documents together. CVs should not be bound.
- Applications must be marked “Pharmacist Intern Application 2017” and sent to:
KZN Department of Health
Private Bag X9051
Capital Towers (14th floor)
121 Chief Albert Luthuli Street
For latest South African Government Departments, Municipalities, Parastatals Jobs / Vacancies visit workforgov.co.za